Month: April 2022
Maintaining a Living Room Carpet in tip-top shape
Good maintenance is key to the life of a carpet!
Just like the furniture in living rooms needs polish and sparkle, carpets need maintenance to retain the charm it adds to the space. Maintaining a fresh ambience and a clean carpet in living rooms where people pass through frequently can be quite the task.
Food spilling by toddlers, pets moving around with dirty paws or house parties with a dozen people! There’s no surprise in knowing that keeping carpeted areas, especially in living rooms is a major task. Perhaps this reason is why the majority of homeowners avoid carpets!
Dirt can settle beneath the carpet fibres if left in for an extended length of time, producing a breeding ground for dust mites and germs. Occasional cleaning and maintenance can keep the carpets
- Stick to a ‘no shoes’ practice inside the living room. Wearing footwear can drag dirt from outdoors, and leave residues on the carpets. If going barefoot seems uncomfortable, get a separate pair of slippers for indoor use.
- As a strategic move to avoid stains and crushing, consider layering small rugs on carpets in busy living rooms. Rugs when placed in this manner acts as a decorative feature too.
- A bonus tip– The vacuum cleaner’s settings should be such that a small tug should be felt when cleaning, set neither too high nor too low.
- When it comes to carpets in living rooms, the golden rule is to vacuum clean the material at least once a week. This should be done in living rooms that tend to have a lot of footfall and activities.
- looking wonderful and additionally, may also help them last longer. Here are a few expert suggestions for keeping the carpets in living rooms spick and span!
- If organic stains like oil splatters settle on carpets, remove the excess with blotting paper and then clean it gently with a piece of clean cloth. After getting off the top layer of grease, apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol or surgical spirit over the spot.
- A bonus tip– do a patch test on a small area of the carpet before using chemical agents on it.
- Remove stains that cause odour by adding a little baking soda to the carpet. Let it sit for a while, then mix an equal proportion of white vinegar and water to spray it on the surface. Clean carpet ready in minutes!
- Brush or scrub the carpet in the same direction as the fibres, or the threads in the cleaned place will point the wrong way when it dries.
- When fabric snags form on carpet surfaces, instead of pulling out the threads, trim it with a sharp pair of scissors.
- Avoid furniture marks on carpet surfaces by keeping furniture coasters or moving the furniture regularly. Deep indentations occur when heavy furniture is left on carpets for long periods.
- Place doormats at the entrance , which will naturally prompt visitors to wipe their shoes on a place other than the carpets.
- Get a carpet beater to remove dust grains before using a vacuum cleaner on the surface. This will help clean the carpet more effectively.
- Dry out moist carpets in the sun, laying it flat instead of on a rack. Sunlight can kill microbes without using artificial heat, which may fade the carpet material.
- Lastly, consider steam cleaning or getting a professional deep cleaning service for living rooms once a year, to maintain the quality of the carpets. Steam carpets at least twice a year to maintain its appearance, but if you are prone to dust allergies or you have pets that lose a lot of hair, consider steaming it four times a year.
Carpets are susceptible to spills, stains and dirt. But over time, spot cleaning may not keep those lovely designs intact. Hence, these tips and tricks will help homeowners to make the chore easier than deciding against carpeting their living rooms!
Need more details or assistance on flawless living room design? Give us a call on __________.
Convert your bedroom into your cosy haven with these tips
Cue the cosy vibes
A beautifully designed modular home with well-set interiors is a treat for the eyes. And bedrooms? There’s nothing like stepping away from hectic work schedules and curling up like a cocoon in this personal chamber. We get that feeling too!
Honestly, you can have a palatial bedroom interior design and still feel incomplete. On the flip side, you may have a small bedroom, but great room decoration ideas that put you to sleep like a baby. Wait, but what does a bedroom interior design have to do with a sound sleep? We have an elaborate answer to that!
Read on to find out how you can set up a snug retreat with your bedroom in these simple steps.
- First things first, declutter all those things that you don’t need to see in a bedroom. Food leftovers, bottles, excess electronic items, pet food and things from your work desk- we don’t need these in a bedroom.
- Tidy up the bed, dust the floors and walls and get creative with rearranging your bedroom interior design.
- Choose a comfortable mattress for the bed, a cosy comforter and fresh bed linens. Add a pop of colour or go for pastel hues to give it a sophisticated appearance.
- Dress your windows for the weather! Dainty drapes or thick curtains? Select what doesn’t stop you from getting a good sleep during the season
- If you’re planning to refurbish your bedroom design, consider detailing the walls with soothing textures and pleasing palettes. A natural finishing like wood is great for a welcoming feel.
- Make your bedroom tech-free! Move your television, laptop and huge speakers to another room, bedrooms are much more peaceful without it.
- Keep short potted pants or mini succulents to ornament your bedroom with a natural feel. Go green!
- Love wallpapers? Give an exciting addition to your dull walls. Highlight it with a personal favourite pattern or colour.
- Arrange your bedside table with the things you will need and not ‘might’ need.
- Replace fuse bulbs with LED soft white bulbs or lighting that is not too dark nor too bright.
- Check the working conditions of your air conditioning, heaters and fans. Rule out valve leaks, if any.
- Lighting scented tea lights or candles can ease stress, but don’t forget to blow it out!
- Keep your favourite book by the bed.
- Install a room freshener that keeps the bedroom smelling brand new!
- And finally, pick out the best furniture pieces that go with your bedroom design. Not too big, not too small- just the ones that blend perfectly with your bedroom interior design!
We hope these few tips could help you figure out where you missed out on getting a pleasant feel in your own bedroom. But remember that any bedroom can look and feel comfortable with the balance of the right elements. Yet, what makes a bedroom look pleasing to the eyes? We say, make your bed first! The rest will follow.
Love these ideas? Call us on _____________ to know how you can get the bedroom of your dreams!
Crockery Shelf Designs to Impress
Here are the top 5 recommendations for crockery shelf designs
The exclusive crockery shelf has seen a place in homes- and it has proved its worth over the sands of time. It’s not only a great functional space to store those bulky cutlery items, it also draws the eye in with its visual appeal.
Now, it may not necessarily be considered an essential to every home but with these five impressive designs, you’re going to rush to a crockery shelf design store in Kerala to plan for one!
Modern crockery shelf options:
write your detail or leave blank
These options are suitable for placement in the living room due to their high design value and multi-functionality.
- Bar + Crockery shelf:If we had to pick the most favourite of all crockery shelf designs in Kerala, it would be this one. This is a great pick for homes that want to display their coveted beverage collection alongside the conventional cutlery that gets stored in the crockery shelf. Speak to your interior designer in advance, if you want a pattern of this sort, so that they can designate appropriately-sized zones for bottle storage and bar accessories within the crockery shelf design.
- Floating drawers and cabinet shelving :If a wall-mounted crockery shelf design is what catches your eye over the traditional variants, this may be just the one for you. This works well for smaller spaces as it provides a storage space which looks good too. The floating contemporary design can be achieved with good planning and understanding of the space. One could opt for a single floating cutlery shelf unit with display and drawers or have the two components disconnected and floating with a console zone with styling potential in between the separated elements.
- Pooja stand + Crockery shelf :Apt for smaller spaces where one unit would demand multiple functionalities, split the conventional crockery shelf design to function partly as a pooja stand. Adorn it with devotional memorabilia while also using the space to display and store your premium cutlery.
Traditional crockery shelf in dining room:
If you’re one of those people who loved the charm of a beautifully carved wooden crockery cabinet replete with warm lighting and glass shelving, don’t think twice about getting this charming crockery shelf made for your dining room.
4. Wooden crockery cabinet: There’s a reason this design has continued to be the crockery shelf design of choice over generations- it is timeless, functional and beautiful. In terms of placement, if you have a designated dining area in your floor plan, set up this classic there. Extra points for classic china cutlery!
Half does it!
Couldn’t be bothered with having a bulky crockery shelf taking up prime real estate within your floor plan- half is fully acceptable
5. Floating crockery shelf in kitchen:If not in the living or dining room, place a smaller-sized floating crockery shelf within your kitchen layout. Either have drawers and shelves or cabinets in half the size of a conventional crockery shelf. Remember that it should be kept away from the work triangle in the kitchen so as to ensure an efficient use of the space.
Love a design and want to set it up in your space? Contact us at _______ to get the process started.
Natural Light for the Living Room
Top 10 tips on how to make the most of natural light
write your detail or leave blank
Today, the two most precious assets that modular home designs need are natural lighting and good ventilation. A dollop of light is all it needs to brighten up any room in a house! In truth, many home owners fail to note these facts over pompous designs and chic home features.
The glow and warmth that natural light adds to living rooms is quite the charmer. Interestingly, many homeowners cite ‘plenty of natural light as a requisite in dream living room designs to benefit its advantages. With plenty of natural light radiating into homes, living room designs bathe in rich spectrum colour that reflects a happy space!
We bring you a few tips that you can give to optimise the flow of natural light in living rooms. Remember, there cannot be a way to make more exposure to light, but there are ways to make the light flow better!
- Be aware of the way living rooms face. Directions of light vary according to whether the room faces north, south, east, or west.
- North-facing living room designs tend to have limited natural light.
- Living rooms facing in the south direction have plenty of sunlight.
- East-facing living rooms will have more natural light during the mornings.
- West-facing rooms will get sunshine in the afternoons, and the light will vary, as it does in east-facing rooms, from colder to warmer.
- Choose colours that compliment the room’s orientation. Make the most of natural light with warm notes like neutrals and pastels on living room wall designs. For a naturally-warm feel, pick colours like yellows, greens and blues to set in the maximum light. Alternately, pick cool shades like greys or cream-based tones to enhance warm lighting as the day goes on.
- Invest time to clean the living room windows. Clear free of all the soot and debris that obstruct natural light to come into the room. Perhaps the most missed tip, but cleaning the windows will only require a glass cleaner and clean cloth!
- Get rid of thick window frames, big cupboard shelves, heavy curtains and other light obstructing articles (this includes overgrown tree branches or shrubs too!) that stand in the way of seeping in natural light.
- Maximise natural light with mirrors! Not only do mirrors reflect good light, it makes the living room design appear spacious as well. As experts recommend, placing a good large mirror opposite the window can let in natural light, making the room feel airy and bright
- When choosing curtains, go for sheer materials like polyester blends or cotton that provide privacy and enough sunlight in living room designs
- Reflective floor surfaces like white tiles and glossy hardwood flooring can aid in a brighter indoor environment. When using rugs for the flooring, choose colours that are light, which accentuates the natural light in living rooms.
- When planning on refurbishing living room designs, consider increasing the height of ceilings as it can trap and reflect more natural light.
- If wood, brick or plaster can be replaced, get an accent wall in glass for bringing in more natural light.
- Needless to say, a great way to get plenty of natural light in living rooms is to place skylights in living rooms. Modular living room designs look stunning with these!
For living rooms to bask in bright natural light, all it takes is a deliberate effort from homeowners to incorporate it into home designs, keeping in mind that it will enhance their quality of life. Well, the best thing about natural light is that it doesn’t come with an electricity bill!
If you still need more information, get in touch with our team at __________.
Should I invest in a crockery shelf?
Yes? No? Maybe?
Although we love the idea of modular kitchens and well-designed dining areas, there are certain aspects that make them look interesting. Kitchen furniture adds sheer elegance to the home design and crockery shelves are an indispensable topic of thought. From vintage styles to ultra-modern designs, crockery shelf designs have evolved with time.
Reasons to invest in crockery shelves
- Crockery shelves provide storage for all the extra cutlery and crockery that cannot be accommodated in a kitchen with less space.
- Apart from using it as a storage unit, crockery shelves in dining rooms can be used to display the lovely crockery collections at home.
- Instead of leaving cutlery messed up in kitchen drawers, storing it in drawers or shelves of crockery units will keep it more organised.
- Expensive crockery like crystal and bone china can be kept clean and safe with crockery shelves, preventing it from dust and staining.
- Crockery shelves that come as free-standing units can be easily installed in the desired part of the house.
- Most importantly, since most of the crockery units come with shelves or drawers, all expensive tableware can be assured a safe spot in the house.
- If crockery shelves have extra space to fill in, display antiques or other expensive showpieces to give it a luxurious look.
- Freestanding crockery units can be moved around to suit the style of home designs.
- Additional fittings like lighting can be incorporated for decorative crockery shelf designs.
Reasons to think twice before investing in crockery units
- If the dining and kitchen areas do not have ample space for extra kitchen furniture like a crockery shelf, it might make the area look more crammed with a crockery unit.
- Wall-mounted crockery shelves cannot be moved around, hence it will need a complex re-installation for placing it in another spot.
- Crockery units can be expensive since it is an additional piece of furniture that adorns the dining or kitchen area. Hence, quality materials are needed for the fabrication.
- Open shelves and crockery units with glass cabinets may pose a risk for toddlers and infants.
- Cleaning the crockery unit can be a cumbersome process, especially if it has a wooden finish.
A few moving designs of crockery shelves in Kerala include wall-mounted units, sideboard type and floating crockery stands. Furthermore, crockery units can also be customised according to personal choices. These are the basics of a ‘know-how’ on crockery units and yes, now you can decide what’s right for your space!
To get more information on crockery shelf designs for your home, get in touch with us at ________.
Bedroom Accessories and Decoration Ideas
Max functionality guaranteed!
write your detail or leave blank
The first thought that may come to your mind about bedrooms could be ‘a place to unwind’. A cosy bed, some pretty pillows and breezy drapes are just a few elements that add a sense of tranquillity to modern bedroom designs. Between catchy bedroom interior designs, vivid colour palettes and brilliant textures, the room design can carry the right amount of verve by accessorising this personal chamber.
We know how you’ve been internet-inspired a million times with the latest bedroom designs and room decor ideas. But the times are changing, and our ideas move along. Here’s a carefully curated list of bedroom accessories with furbish plans that guarantee function and food for thought!
The first thought that may come to your mind about bedrooms could be ‘a place to unwind’. A cosy bed, some pretty pillows and breezy drapes are just a few elements that add a sense of tranquillity to modern bedroom designs. Between catchy bedroom interior designs, vivid colour palettes and brilliant textures, the room design can carry the right amount of verve by accessorising this personal chamber. We know how you’ve been internet-inspired a million times with the latest bedroom designs and room decor ideas. But the times are changing, and our ideas move along. Here’s a carefully curated list of bedroom accessories with furbish plans that guarantee function and food for thought!
- Invest in quality mattresses, plush pillows, dainty drapes or light-blocking curtains, whatever works for a good night’s sleep!
- Get a functional bedside table for small bedrooms and a pair of nightstands for spacious bedrooms.
- Think of a furry rug for your feet, placing it below the bedside or a little away. Choose a design that complements the interior design of your bedroom.
- Pick a unique bed design that leaves one in awe! Picture your ideas and give us a call, we have a few splendid options to share.
- If you love minimal styles, add floating shelves to the corners of the bedroom design. It works as a home for your little plant, saves space and adds a chic look to the room.
- Get a stylish upholstered headboard for the bed design. Give your bedroom a modern twist!
- Play a little with wallpapers, choose the prints that best define your idea of a cosy haven.
- Utilise the space in your modular bedroom design by placing a storage bench at the foot of your bed.
- Style yourself before stepping out – we’re talking about getting a full-length mirror or minimalist mirrors for the walls in your bedroom interiors.
- Add a cute tray or a little basket to keep on bedside tables- easy to spot all those important things you’ll need!
- No, corners of the bedroom are not for soiled clothes- get a cloth or jute laundry basket to throw it all in.
- Love shoes but no space in your wardrobe storage? Get a mini bench shoe rack if you love to flaunt your shoes or a tilt-out shoe rack that hides what’s inside.
- Reignite your passion for music, art, or books by highlighting a corner of your bedroom design with a painting, instrument, or stacking books.
- Set a soothing mood by putting up string lights on drapes or curtains, if you love having a little extra shine that is!
- Bare walls and lots of space? Frame your favourite photos in small sizes, give it an Instagram feel.
- Organise your clothes and accessories in wardrobes that suit your bedroom style.
- If your bedroom interior design allows the space for extra furniture, place a compact chair or bean bag for a stylish look.
- Do not stop yourself from getting contemporary wall hooks for hanging bags or coats.
- Set a cool tone for your bedroom walls, mix it up with fancy textures and a tasteful finish.
- Finally, place mini plant pots for succulents to give the bedroom interior design a natural feel.
A fact known in truth, there exists a power of positivity in beautiful homes. Bedrooms are the mellow retreats of a house, and nothing seems better than decking it up just the way you want it!
Inspired by these ideas? Let us help you give life to your thoughts! Contact Bespoke Decor on __________.
Bedroom art to take your room decor to the next level!
Say Hello to art & style
No matter the style and size of your room design, the bedrooms of your house speak volumes for the comfort you expect from this personal space. When redecorating a modern bedroom design, make the most of it by adding a reflection of your impeccable style and taste.
From fabric to abstract art, a bedroom interior design holds an important role in its atmosphere.
- Choose the mood that best suits the room
The idea of colour psychology has been used in almost all industries to elevate brand values. Would you be surprised if we told you the same applies to your bedroom colour as well?
Choosing a shade that defines a personality can go beyond aesthetics. Colours like yellow radiate energy whereas shades of pink mark femininity or youth. Black and white bedroom art create a getaway mood from all that is lively or engaging. A solid shade, a dual abstract or even a mix of colours are options to think of.
Here are a few inspirational points that we have put together for your bare bedroom walls, or maybe a new bedroom!
- Choose wall art that compliments the space
Wall art is a great way to amp up the space in your bedroom interior design. However, the space between the bed placement and artwork should be kept at a distance to highlight the decor element. If you love art, play a little with your innovative skills to mix and match colour schemes, giving versatility to the decor accents.
- Choose a size that matters
When it comes to placing wall art, go for sizes that fill at least two-thirds to three-quarters of the bedroom wall. However, small-sized bedroom designs may not favour large artwork on walls. Large paintings and artwork can make the room look spacious as well.
- Choose the art you want to see
Bedroom interior designs can have anything, really. So, why not think outside the box? Depending on the size of the bedroom, wall art styles like placing fabric rugs on walls, a personalised travel map, beaded or macrame wall art or painting a mural are some of the designs that draw attention. For a children’s bedroom, go for alphabets on plankings or playful paintings on walls. In short, there are plenty of options to create whimsical wall art for bedrooms!
- Choose to style it your way
Whether you love getting lost in thoughts or adding a little zest to your personal space, choose the art style that tells a story. For example, bedroom decorating ideas with a children’s theme will create a playful yet sophisticated look when adding a few toys, cute cushions and a splash of colour. Similarly, bedroom designs looking for a palatial makeover, integrating deep portraits, rich colours and lush textiles will speak for themselves. Looking to escape from a day of hectic work? Choose scenic photographs, abstract art or tranquil paintings for your wall.
Where is a good place to incorporate wall art in the bedroom?
A common space to hang wall art would be right above your bed, but why not think of the opposite wall? If there is a moderate amount of space that wouldn’t ruin the charm of your bedroom interior design, incorporating wall art is never a bad idea. Placing mirrors or hanging wall-mounted faux plants are graceful elements in a bedroom design
What else should you know about bedroom art?
- Bedroom interior decorating ideas should be planned out well, so choose art statements that fit your budget
- Support local artists or make a DIY piece!
- If you plan on buying, invest in one or two unique pieces that will stay forever
- Before deciding on refurbishing your bedroom interior design, keep reference pictures that match the size of your bedroom
- Give up irrelevant wall elements before placing new ones!
You may be an art enthusiast, a book worm or even a teenager at heart. But the walls in your bedroom design need a dash of your personality. Get your creativity on and give life to those walls!
Looking for more inspiration? We are here to help you choose a great bedroom interior design. Call us on ___________.
Styling your Crockery Shelf- All you need to know!
Statement piece for your modular home design
You would be surprised to know that crockery shelves can be more than what they appear to be, rather than a mere piece of furniture that stores tableware. Elevate the overall look of your crockery shelf, amping up the space in total!
Here are a few ways to style a crockery shelf, making it a statement piece of furniture for your modular home design!
- Crockery shelf design as a partition
When there is a dearth of privacy between living rooms and dining halls, a floor-to-ceiling length crockery shelf can act as a partition unit, whilst displaying the contents of the shelf. Glass shutters go best with this design and giving decorative LED lights will add to the glamour factor.
- Minimalist crockery shelves
These tall units come with open and multiple shelving to give it a fuss-free, simplistic look. The shelves can be used to store crockery as well as display decorative pieces that match the interior design of the room.
- Bar unit cum crockery shelf design
Homeowners who hoard a collection of exquisite crockery as well as fine wine (or any liquors), this crockery shelf design is something to consider! To set in the perfect ambiance of the unit, give backlit shelving, glass door shutters and wooden finishing.
- Floating crockery shelves on display
This modular design is a winner for compact homes as it saves space and works well for a stylish piece of furniture too. Crockery shelves can be given a wooden finish with ample shelving to incorporate decorative pieces for display.
- Crockery shelf with TV unit
Fitting a television unit between two tall crockery units is another way to style crockery shelves. Deck up the shelves with crystal or bone china crockery, give glass door shutters and fix LED lights to fall on the tableware. The space for television can be kept simple as there would be enough lighting from the crockery units.
- Crockery shelf with Pooja unit
A common design in India, crockery units can be modified to accommodate space for a miniature Pooja room. Crockery shelf designs in Kerala have a variety of options for secluding the pooja space with special door designs.
- Bookshelves with the crockery unit
If a book collection is something you like to flaunt, club the bookshelf with the crockery shelf for a vintage yet stylish look.
- Customised crockery units
If unique shapes and contemporary styles amuse you, customising a crockery unit for the dining hall is a brilliant option, especially for modular home designs. Different compartments and shelves can be given to place tableware as well as artworks for a sleek design.
- Crockery units with an accent door
For dining rooms with less space, choosing a crockery unit with a decorative accent door can make up for a lovely wall too! This modification is a boon to dining halls that need storage space as well as decor accents.
Crockery shelves have evolved from being only an item of storage furniture to serving as decor and a showcase for fancy dinnerware. We hope that this article helped you learn about the practicalities of crockery unit designs and how they influence the aesthetic expression of the dining room.
Do you need more information on crockery units or have a design in mind? We could help. Please get in touch with us!
Top 5 must-do tips when planning on a living room design
Don’t skip these steps.
write your detail or leave blank
We can all agree that living rooms are one of the most important aspects of a home and keeping up with the design is an equally integral part of the process. When planning on designing the living room of your dreams, the thought of ‘where to start’ can be a challenge.
Tasteful decor, functionality and a fuss-free space is what good living rooms need. Although these are vague facts, first-time homeowners and those looking for a revamp of their humdrum living rooms can take a look at this list we have curated just for you!
The most important tips you need for a fine living room plan are right here.
1. The measurements
The design is more than just a single aspect of your living room. It is the most visible “shell” of your home and the ultimate location for family recreation. Apart from deciding on the theme of your space, know the measurements of your living room and picture the layout of the room design. This will assist in shopping for the right-sized furniture and other living room essentials.
2. The style
Truth be told, this is the difficult part where you decide how the living room will be used, what major elements should be accommodated and how it can be maintained. Consider the style you want to present. What works best in the house? Modern, contemporary, retro, farmhouse or minimalist – these are just a few options to consider. Figure out what works best for your living room design and get ahead with planning the accents that suit your style.
3. The sofa
The linchpin furniture piece of any living room, the sofa needs to be chosen with utmost precision. When choosing a sofa, make sure you don’t overdo the area when selecting an accent piece or experimenting with different seating alternatives. While you want your sofa to be comfortable, you would also want enough space to stroll about without tripping over other furniture edges, right? Get creative with throw pillows that match the seating and wall decor!
4. The lighting
A combination of various light sources that match the interior design, including natural light, can pull the whole living room look together. Allow natural light to bounce around the living room by placing mirrors opposite the window. Make sure that each seat gets adequate light, natural or artificial.
5. The accessories
Anything that makes a statement in your living room design should have a place in it too! A delectable centre table for living rooms, the right-sized rugs, classy curtains, creative accents like wall art and fresh indoor plants are inspiring features. If the living room is the most used room in the house, it is important to define these features to create a setting that makes you feel even more at ease.
From skillfully integrating a modish living room design to aiming for functionality, this chamber of the house should speak for its aesthetics and emotional values too. Every object in a living room should have a purpose, a personal touch of style and a position for its place. As for the five most important things we considered, there may be another five which are more important to you!
Unsure about what you need for your living room design? Talk to us on _________.
Elements for a cosy and comfortable living room
Cue the cosiness
write your detail or leave blank
A welcoming entrance, comfortable couch, soft rug, breezy drapes and a harmonious colour palette. One can imagine! The space that invites speculations about the other rooms of a house- the living room. As for the designs that define this chamber of the house, it goes way beyond cosy couches and matching curtains.
Getting a lovely living room interior design can not only leave your guests in awe but will leave you happy too! Whether you’re looking to design your dream living room from scratch or just trying to refurbish the space, a few basic elements can probably give you better ideas to style your living room.
No, we are not starting with advising on purchasing the perfect sofa but we’re taking you through the basics of setting a comfortable living room design that suits your style. Remember, your living room is the best place for decor, and beware, your guests can judge your choices!
Here are a bunch of proven elements that can elevate the comfort level of your living room design. We promise that only the important ones come under this list!
1. Pick a pretty palette
When it comes to living room wall designs, choose a shade that sets a calming tone to your room. This is clearly a personal choice, so make it the best!
2. Liven it up with lighting
Accent or ambient, let your living room design sparkle with good lights! Accent lighting like scones and classy ceiling lights are a great choice for living rooms. If the living room interiors have windows, make it convenient for letting in natural light too!
3. Warm it up with curtains or drapes
Make the room comfortable by adding drapes or curtains that complement the wall designs and furniture. Curtains are great when you want the living room to feel private and pleasant.
4. Now comes the sofa…
When choosing a sofa design for the living room, consider how much use it will have. Opt for comfortable seating, an upholstery shade that doesn’t get too dirty, and a size that is just right!
5. Add rugs
To give the living room a sophisticated look, add rugs to the flooring and layer it with smaller rugs to create a visual dimension. Rugs are perfect for warm feet!
6. Have fun with patterns
Pick living room decor pieces that suit the style of the space. Add patterns or textures to give the room a high-end look.
7. Go beyond rugs for comfy feet
Count it as extra seating, and get lounge furniture and ottomans for relaxing after a hectic day.
8. Stack up cushions and throw blankets
We’re looking to create a cozy scenario, so adorn your couch with fluffy cushions in matching covers, and place throw blankets to make it look relaxing!
9. Let your living room breathe!
Keeping plants is a foolproof way to add a lush look to your living room design. Plants let you purify the air circulation in your living room, naturally!
10. Set the mood with aromatherapy
Who doesn’t love a pleasant-smelling ambiance in living rooms? Lighting a scented candle or using an essential oil diffuser- you pick the one that will create a pleasing atmosphere!
11. Of furniture and symmetry
When choosing furniture for a modern living room, select the ones with soft lines and rounded edges. To give the room an intimate appearance, play around with the arrangements of furniture and let it look casual rather than formal.
12. Display your style
When ornamenting the wall decor of living rooms, astonish guests with statement artwork or travel collectives. Give the guests a reason to stare at your beautiful walls!
13. Highlight the best features
When it comes to living room ideas, consider accentuating woodwork or glasswork art, tiling your fireplace or corner nooks, or designing the area with architectural hints.
14. You could avoid this
Stuff from dining halls, kitchen, or basically anything that does not look good in a living room design. Avoid squeezing in many wall accents or furniture that give the room a cramped look. We want comfort!
15. Most importantly…
Vouch for your individuality! Pick a living room project that makes you happy, and impresses your eyes first. Love pop living room designs that seem rare? Get it done!
From furniture to interior decor, living rooms need to stay elegant as well as functional. A beautifully decorated living room is a treat for sore eyes and has the power to make anyone stay back!
Love our ideas? Discover more with us at ______.