“How to Choose The Right Modular Kitchen For Home”. The most haunting question to anyone who is either making or buying a home is when should I start thinking about Kitchens? The most common question our kitchen specialist’s in Sleek hear from our customers are that I didn’t really thought through about kitchen and just left a space, can you help making us to optimize the space utilization? The answer is ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ depending upon the space availability and its position. So to get a definite Yes, we should provide equal or more importance to Kitchen while thinking about a home. So ideally, you must start thinking about kitchen at the drawing stage itself. Here is Sleek, the kitchen specialist’s some of the guidelines
This is typical Indian style kitchen. Cooking slab will be laid in advance and shelves will be made in the available spaces.
Advantages of Civil Kitchen
The only advantage we have here the cost will be little lower side but by compromising on the utility and aesthetics.
Disadvantages of Civil Kitchen
- Poor aesthetics
- No flexibility on design
- Poor space utilization
- Poor on utility
- Some of the accessories may not fit in properly
Sleek’s kitchen specialists (Designers) are trained to provide you the right design by utilizing the space and can provide aesthetically good kitchen designs so that your civil kitchen can be made closer to a Sleek modular kitchen at an affordable rate.
A modular kitchen is made by fitting together multiple pre-fabricated modules or parts to create a functional and elegant kitchen that suit your needs.
Advantages of Modular Kitchen
- Modular kitchens are easy to assemble and move.
- Sleek modular kitchens have unique aesthetic appeal.
- Better space utilization
- Smart decluttering is easy with modular kitchens.
- Cleaning Sleek modular units is easy.
Now that we have decided to move with a modular kitchen considering its advantages over a civil option, let’s explore various modular kitchen design styles
Straight Modular Kitchen
Sleek’s single-wall kitchen plan is ideal for smaller homes. In this layout all the storage, cooking and washing areas are designed along a single wall. A simple and basic kitchen design that requires just one linear wall. Less popular, but no less functional, here all the three elements of a modern kitchen- refrigerator, sink, stove-are aligned on one wall.
Advantages of Straight Modular Kitchen
- Simple layout
- Works well in small spaces
- Best planned with the sink in the middle of the line.
- Use built-in appliances to make the most of valuable space.
Disadvantages of Straight Modular Kitchen
- This layout causes the longest journey of distance since you often have to walk from one end of the room to the other.
- You can also be restricted with the amount of storage space.
L Shaped Modular Kitchen
Sleek’s L-shape kitchen has two planes meeting to form a 90 degree angle. The two adjacent walls in an L-shape kitchen form a natural Sleek Work Triangle. This plan offers flexibility in the arrangement of appliances, storage and uncluttered counter space. While re-modelling your kitchen, keep in mind that the L-shape kitchen requires less space than the U or C-shape layout and is almost as efficient as compared to the U or C-shaped kitchen.
Advantages of L Shaped Modular Kitchen
- Easily accommodates a dining table & chairs in the same room.
- Lack of through-traffic; corners can incorporate.
- A corner carousel.
- Design minimizes walking distances between main working areas.
Disadvantages of L Shaped Modular Kitchen
One disadvantage is the use of the space under the bench top of the ‘L’, but this can be resolved with clever storage solutions, such as pullout units.
Island Modular Kitchens
Island kitchens have become a trend these days for the modern homemaker. Sleek’s Island Kitchen comes with many advantages, provided you have an open living plus dining room. Island kitchen has a planning that allows two or even three people to cook together at the same time. It also provides more preparation and storage space. The island kitchen not only benefits you functionally, but also adds an aesthetic charm that can change the whole appearance of your kitchen for the better.
Advantages of Island Modular Kitchens
- Added counter spaces, added storage, and sometimes even an extra cook-top.
- Island may double the storage space available in the kitchen. C. An island can be used solely for cooking and preparation and can incorporated cutting boards and prep sink into the design of the island. D. Advantage of being able to be moved around, allowing for more flexibility in room arrangement.
Disadvantages of Island Modular Kitchens
The main disadvantage of a permanent island is that, it is just permanent. B. Unless you have a large kitchen, it takes up floor space, which is often at a premium. C. Islands are typically at the heart of the kitchen and may interfere with walking space or cause clearance issues.
Parallel Modular kitchen
The parallel kitchen layout divides the kitchen into 2 parallel counters. Sleek’s parallel kitchen with this design are small and efficient, containing all essential items and appliances near you, which can be easily reachable too. Make sure there is a minimum of 4 feet space between the parallel counters.
Advantages of Parallel Modular kitchen
- Allows the cook(s) to socialise while preparing.
- Can provide the optimum arrangement in working triangle.
- A cook-top with a canopy over the island can form a focal point.
Disadvantages of Parallel Modular kitchen
- This layout can attract unwanted traffic through the kitchen, which can get annoying.
- Best suited only for a large room.
U Shaped Modular Kitchen
Sleek’s U-shape kitchen prevents kitchen working traffic and also provides three walls of storage with a huge counter space. Make sure that your U-shape kitchen is at least 9 feet away from the other side to provide the minimum 4 feet of working room needed in the center of the kitchen.As storage needs increased, the U-shape or C-shape kitchen type evolved and gained popularity. With cabinets along three walls, this kitchen typically has a sink at the base of the “U”.
Advantages of U Shaped Modular kitchen
- Fridge, Cooker and Sink can be spaced out for maximum efficiency.
- Provides the best work flows with shortest distance.
- Allows for large amount of bench top & storage space.
- Design suits for both small and large kitchens.
- Kitchen also benefits from the lack of through-traffic.
- Spacious and efficient.
- Ideal kitchen layout as it provides an optimized space for many people to work together at the same time.
Disadvantages of U Shaped Modular kitchen
- If used in a small space, the U-Shape design may leave you cramped and feeling closed in.
- You should also ensure there is at least 1.2 meters between the two arms of the ‘U’.
Sleek is synonym to Indian modular kitchens and it is now a subsidiary of Asian paints a renowned name in home decor industry, which adds more credibility to its offerings.
Designing and re-modelling your existing Kitchen according to your taste, keeping in priority its functionality can be one of the hardest tasks you can face as a designer while designing a Sleek modular kitchen. Here are few tips from our Sleek Modular kitchen specialist to add some personality to your kitchen while designing. We at Bespoke Decor, authorised and exclusive Sleek dealer in Kochi, Kerala have always focused in keeping the functionality of kitchen in a manner as to ensure the clients gets the aesthetics to suit their personality.
1. Copper sink adds the rustic look to your Sleek Kitchen
Copper material is very popular, with a long history of use in the Indian style kitchen. Quite often, we see copper vessels and utensils being put to use, but here it’s used as a sink. It adds to the hygiene and personality to the kitchen. Very unusual but undoubtedly a stylish choice to add to your Sleek Modular kitchen.
2. Employ Different handle Styles
Inbuilt anodised Aluminium, Wooden/stainless steel G-sections, classic cut handles can vary to finish and personality of your Sleek modular kitchen. As a pioneer Sleek kitchen dealers in kochi, we’ve manages to employ all handle types in the kitchens that we’ve designed and installed in Kerala. Wooden handles blends very well with the traditional style kitchens and adds to the beauty of the kitchen and can also go very well the kerala style.
3. Add Art to the space
Installing art works close to cabinets designed in the kitchen can add style and bring some positivity to the kitchen area. Our designers at Sleek Cochin, Kerala division will always come up with the idea of establishing art works in the kitchen area to bring a more pleasant feel and style to the designed Sleek Modular kitchen.
4. Blend Herb storage
Container with fresh plants and herbs can bring a lot of positive energy into the Sleek modular kitchen area. Best way to employ this is to ask our Sleek kitchen designer to make a provision to install the plants/herbs in the kitchen area. A very common thing for people living in Cochin or anywhere in kerala to have something in the kitchen that can blend in very well with the nature. A simple wall hanging pot or an open rack is a very simple idea to install the herbs.
5. Improvise the painting and backsplash
Work creativity well with the painting and backsplash in the kitchen. This can be one of the most important factor that adds to the personality and aesthetics to your Sleek kitchen style. Light colours can boost the feeling of space while dark colours can add the depths to the Sleek modular Kitchen.